menu
[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Coredownloadz Forum » General Movie Gossips n news » Bollywood Celebrities Talks » Big B turned down to accept honour from Oz University (Amitabh Bachan refuse to take autralis honour over attacks)
Big B turned down to accept honour from Oz University
VandalismDate: Monday, 2009-06-01, 10:58 AM | Message # 1
Head
Group: Administrators
Awards: 3
The Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane ,Australia had offered the 66-year-old veteran a honorary doctorate for his contribution to the world of entertainment specially in Bollywood movie industry . Amitabh Bachchan who accepted this offer earlier turned back due to series of racial attacks on Indian students in Australia.

"The honour was to be conferred on the star in July as a part of celebrations to commemorate a retrospective of his films to be inaugurated in the city."

"I have been witnessing with great dismay and shock, the recent violent attacks on Indian students in Australia, on the electronic media the entire day," Big B wrote on his personal blog.

He added "I mean no disrespect to the Institution that honours me, but under the present circumstances, where citizens of my own country are subjected to such acts of inhuman horror, my conscience does not permit me to accept this decoration from a country that perpetrates such indignity to my fellow countrymen,"

www.guitarmantra.co.cc

Coredownloadz Forum » General Movie Gossips n news » Bollywood Celebrities Talks » Big B turned down to accept honour from Oz University (Amitabh Bachan refuse to take autralis honour over attacks)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: